Class 4 Term 5 additional information
1st May 2020
Dear Parents / Guardians,
Hope you are all well and are able to keep safe.
This term we would have been reading ‘Danny the Champion of the World’ by Roald Dahl. If you have a copy it would great if you could read it.
At the end of each chapter you can do a writing activity, here are some ideas-
- Draw and write the names about the two main characters and tell me what you’ve learned about them.
- Create your own BFG? Give them a name (for example BRG - Big Reading Giant), and label them with their superpowers (He teaches children how to read by singing to them. His magical song and majestic voice captures their attention and creates an unforgettable memory.)
- Predict your ending.
- What is POACHING?
- What is your opinion on Poaching?
- How is Victor Hazell described in the book?
- What kind of character do you think Victor will turn out to be?
- Why is Doc Spenser important in the story?
- In chapter 19 write a paragraph about this event from two perspectives: the baby’s and the pheasants.
Keep a diary of what you are doing each day, what you are feeling and write something you learnt new.
Write an adventure, mystery, scary, sci-fi or myths and legends story using no more than 500 words.
Use this site it has lesson every day, just go to class 4, I really recommend it.
Below are links to science experiments, D&T and some maths activities.
Also keep active, try and come up with your own activities to keep fit, create your own fitness routine.
Continue with your Times Table Rock stars, Numbots, Purple Mash and readtheroy.
Hope this helps to support you and your child.
Take care and stay safe everyone.
Mr. S. Bennett