Welcome to our Governors’ section.
Please find below details of how our Governing body is structured, including the names, categories, responsibilities and terms of appointment for each Governor.
There is a Governing Body consisting of the financial and strategic Executive Governing Board and the Academy Committee. Both are made up of a group of volunteers whose role is to work as a team by:
- Helping plan the school's future direction
- Making decisions about the school's budget and staffing
- Interviewing and selecting staff
- Developing the curriculum
- Deciding how the school can encourage pupils' spiritual, moral and social development.
- Monitoring and evaluating school performance.
Our Academy Committee
Chair of Academy Committee
Gaye is a retired primary school headteacher and has been a foundation governor since 2006. She has taken a great interest in the musical life of the school and regularly attends school events.
Contact her via the school - 01304 375046 Email: [email protected]
Academy Principal, Ex-Officio Governor
Kelly is a mother of three children, two of whom attend St Mary's. She is an enthusiastic member of the PTFA. She moved to Deal fours years ago. She has worked as a TA in a Catholic school in Worksop and has a background in marketing.
Jessica Atkinson -Taylor
Deacon Gerald Watkins
Mrs Jenni Baines